Klinger Forex Trading Strategy
There’s always an added advantage when you own a trading strategy that allows for quick reaction and less stress.
Seeking the most effective strategies that enables you identify trades and sticking to such an approach is good for beginners.
The Klinger forex trading strategy offers some of the highest level of simplicity in the form of buy and sell trade setups and beginners will find it quite straightforward.
MetaTrader4 Indicators: kijunTenkan+.ex4 (Inputs Variable Modified; Kijun=24), KVO.ex4 (Input Variable Modified; FastEMA=68, SlowEMA=110)
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minute, 30-Minute, 1-Hour, 4-Hour, 1-Day
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any
Currency Pairs: Any pair (also works for BitCoin, Metals,..)
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Initiate a buy entry if the following indicator or chart pattern gets displayed:
- If the blue line of the kijunTenkan+ custom indicator intersects its red line in a bottom up manner as seen on Fig. 1.0 with price trading slightly above, price is said to be taken higher i.e. a trigger to buy the designated currency pair.
- If the silver histograms of the KVO custom MT4 indicator aligns above the 0.00 level (refer to Fig. 1.0), the prevalent sentiment is said to be bullish, as such a trigger to go long on the designated currency pair.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss 1 pip below medium-term support level.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit if the following rules or conditions takes precedence:
- If while a buy signal is ongoing, the blue line of the kijunTenkan+.ex4 custom indicator crosses its red line as depicted on Fig. 1.0, bulls power is said to be weaning, hence an exit or take profit is advised.
- If the silver histograms of the KVO custom indicator realigns to form below the 0.00 level, it is an indication of a looming bearish reversal i.e. an exit or take profit will suffice.
Sell Entry Rules
Enter a sell order if the following holds sway:
- If the blue line of the kijunTenkan+.ex4 custom indicator intersects its red line in a top downward fashion as shown on Fig. 1.1 with price trading slightly below, price is said to be taken lower i.e. a trigger to sell the selected forex pair.
- If the silver histograms of the KVO custom MT4 indicator gets placed below the 0.00 level as illustrated on Fig. 1.1, the prevalent sentiment is said to be bearish, as such a trigger to sell the designated currency pair.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss 1 pip above medium-term resistance level.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes center stage:
- If while a sell signal is running, the blue line of the kijunTenkan+.ex4 custom indicator crosses its red line, bears power is said to be halting, hence an exit or take profit is recommended.
- If the silver histograms of the KVO custom indicator realigns to form above the 0.00 level, it is an indication of an impending bullish reversal i.e. an exit or take profit will do.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The KijunTenkan+.ex4 custom indicator is a trend following indicator with two lines (red and blue), where their intersection below or above price is used to gauge trend.
The Klinger Oscillator or KVO is a custom indicator developed by Stephen Klinger and is based on turnovers.
It shares a whole lot of similarities with the traditional MACD, but differs in the display of real-time imbalances between buying and selling pressures.