Big Trend Forex Trading Strategy
The free Big Trend forex strategy is a trend following trading strategy that consists of a trend sensitive signal line indicator and the popular BBmacd indicator.
It generates buy and sell signals on all currency pairs and timeframe’s, no restrictions!
MetaTrader4 Indicators: bbmacd.ex4 (default setting), Big Trend.ex4 (Inputs Variable Modified; period=60)
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minute, 30-Minute, 1-Hour, 4-Hour, 1-Day
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any
Currency Pairs: Any pair
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Initiate a buy entry if the following indicator or chart pattern gets displayed:
- If the line of the Big Trend custom indicator turns light blue as seen on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be pushed to the upside i.e. a signal to buy the currency pair of focus.
- If the blue & lime colored bars of the bbmacd.ex4 custom indicator gets seen above the 0.00 level, it is an indication of upward price pressures, hence a buy signal is said to be looming.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss 1 pip below short-term support.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit if the following rules or conditions takes precedence:
- If while a buy signal is running, the line of the Big Trend custom indicator turns tomato as depicted on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be making a possible reversal, hence an exit or take profit will suffice.
- If the lime & blue bars of bbmacd.ex4 custom indicator readjust to form below the 0.00 during a buy alert, the current trend is said to be nearing its end, as such an exit or take profit is recommended.
Sell Entry Rules
Enter a sell order if the following holds true:
- If the line of the Big Trend custom indicator turns tomato as shown on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be taken lower i.e. a signal to sell the currency pair of interest.
- If the blue & lime colored bars of the bbmacd.ex4 custom indicator takes position below the 0.00 level as shown on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be taken lower, hence a sell signal is said to be imminent.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss 1 pip above short-term resistance.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes center stage:
- If while a sell signal is ongoing, the line of the Big Trend custom indicator turns light blue as seen on Fig. 1.1, it is a signal to exit or take profit without delay.
- If the lime & blue bars of bbmacd.ex4 custom indicator readjust to break above the 0.00 during a sell signal, the current trend is said to be approaching its end, hence an exit or take profit is recommended.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The Big Trend custom mt4 indicator is trend following indicator that paints its line light blue (bullish) and tomato (bearish) on the chart window.
The bbmacd.ex4 custom indicator on the other hand is comprised of Bollinger Bands and the MACD indicator within the same indicator window.
It offers a good picture of price volatility and trend.