Bill Williams Trend Forex Trading Strategy
For those who wish to invest in the currency markets, having a proper blueprint for success is paramount.
The Bill Williams Trend forex trading strategy is built for traders who wish to become masters of the trade.
This FX strategy is not a holy grail, however, it but does offer an amazing win rate when plugged into the huge forex market.
MetaTrader4 Indicators: BSTrend.ex4 (Input Variable Modified; period=24), BillWilliams_ATZ.ex4 (default setting)
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minute, 30-Minute, 1-Hour, 4-Hour, 1-Day
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any (London, New York, Tokyo)
Currency Pairs: Any pair
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Enter a buy order if the following indicator or chart pattern gets displayed:
- If the blue upward pointing arrow of the BillWilliams_ATZ.ex4 custom indicator gets positioned below the candlesticks as depicted in Fig. 1.0, the sentiment in the market is said to be bullish, hence a buy signal is said to be favored.
- If the deep sky blue bars of the BSTrend.ex4 custom indicator gets formed above the 0.00 level as shown on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be pressured to the upside i.e. a trigger to buy the stipulated currency pair.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss 3 pips below short-term support.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit if the following rules or conditions takes precedence:
- If while a buy signal is running, the BillWilliams_ATZ.ex4 custom indicator forms a red downward pointing arrow that is somewhat placed above price bars, it is a trigger to exit or take profit forthwith.
- If the BSTrend.ex4 custom indicator bars turns violet and gets positions below the 0.00 level as seen on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be making a possible reversal away from its current bullish stance, as such an exit or take profit will do.
Sell Entry Rules
Enter a sell order if the following holds true:
- If the red downward pointing arrow of the BillWilliams_ATZ.ex4 custom indicator gets positioned above the candlesticks as portrayed in Fig. 1.1, the sentiment in the market is believed to be bearish, hence a sell signal will suffice.
- If the violet bars of the BSTrend.ex4 custom indicator gets formed below the 0.00 level as seen on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be pushed lower i.e. a trigger to sell the specified forex pair.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss 3 pips above short-term resistance.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes center stage:
- If while a sell trend is ongoing, the BillWilliams_ATZ.ex4 custom indicator forms a blue upward pointing arrow that is somewhat placed below price bars, it is a trigger to exit or take profit without delay.
- If the BSTrend.ex4 custom indicator bars turns deep sky blue and takes the space above the 0.00 level within its indicator window (refer to Fig. 1.0), it is a trigger to exit or take profit at once.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The BSTrend.ex4 indicator is one of the most valuable trend finder indicators.
It deploys colored bars within its indicator window to define bullish (deep sky blue) and bearish (violet) market sentiments.
The BillWilliams_ATZ.ex4 custom indicator analyzes the market through the following five dimensions i.e. fractal, the driving force, acceleration/deceleration, zone and balance line.