Foreign exchange trading is an exciting journey for traders irrespective of their trading status or investment portfolios.
The Ideal Triple MA forex trading strategy is a simple FX strategy that offers currency traders the opportunity of raking in profits during most trading sessions and achieves this in a consistent manner.
MetaTrader4 Indicators: 2pbIdealMA.ex4 (default setting), 2pbIdeal3MA.ex4 (default setting), 3_MA_Cross_w_Alert_v2.ex4 (default setting))
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minute, 30-Minute, 1-Hour, 4-Hour, 1-Day
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any session
Currency Pairs: Any pair
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Initiate a buy entry if the following indicator or chart pattern gets displayed:
- If the yellow line of the 2pbIdeal3MA custom indicator crosses the blue 2pbIdealMA custom indicator line bottom up as shown on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be pressured higher, as such a trigger to go long on the pair of interest is appropriate.
- If the red upward pointing arrow of the 3_MA_Cross_w_Alert_v2 custom indicator takes up shape somewhere below the candlesticks as seen on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be pushed to the upside i.e. a trigger to buy the forex pair of focus.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss 2 pips below immediate support.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit if the following rules or conditions are intact:
- If price closes below the yellow line of the 2pbIdeal3MA custom indicator as depicted on Fig. 1.0, it is a confirmation of halting bulls strength in the market, hence an exit or take profit is advised.
- If while a bullish trend is ongoing the 3_MA_Cross_w_Alert_v2 custom indicator displays a green downward pointing arrow that is positioned above the price bars, it is an exit or take profit trigger.
Sell Entry Rules
Enter a sell order if the following holds sway:
- If the yellow line of the 2pbIdeal3MA custom indicator crosses the blue 2pbIdealMA custom indicator line top downward as seen on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be pushed lower, hence a trigger to go short on the designated FX pair.
- If the green downward pointing arrow of the 3_MA_Cross_w_Alert_v2 custom indicator gets displayed somewhere above price bars as depicted on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be taken lower i.e. a trigger to sell the currency pair of interest.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss 2 pips above immediate resistance.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes center stage:
- If price closes above the yellow line of the 2pbIdeal3MA custom indicator as illustrated on Fig. 1.1, it is a confirmation of weaning bears power in the market, hence an exit or take profit is recommended.
- If while a sell signal is ongoing the 3_MA_Cross_w_Alert_v2 custom indicator displays a red upward pointing arrow that is positioned below the price bars, it is an exit or take profit signal.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The 3_MA_CROSS_W_ALERT_V2.ex4 custom indicator is a forex technical study that displays arrows on the chart, where red colored arrows denote bullish trend and green defines bearish trend.
The 2pbIdealMA.ex4 custom indicator is an enhanced moving average that deploys a single price smoothening mechanism that allows it spot trend in a quick manner.
The 2pbIdeal3MA.ex4 custom indicator is a modified moving average that uses a triple price smoothening smoothens mechanism, thus spotting price change in a prompt manner.