You don’t need to jump into the currency market at every instance, what you need are good entries and exits, which is a function of dedication, articulate planning and the right trading strategy in place.
A good trading strategy will match all these indices and get you in and out of the market in a safe manner.
The Robby Kijun Exponential MA forex trading strategy performs well in delivering the right trade setup by effectively deploying the Kijun-sen+, 36 EMA and Robby DSS Forex custom indicators in a manner that allows it spot when strong trends are about to occur.
MetaTrader4 Indicators: Kijun-sen+.ex4 (Inputs Variable modified; Kijun=3, Shift Kijun=2, Colors Width Modified; #0=2), 36 EMA.ex4, Robby DSS Forex.ex4 (Inputs Variable Modified; EMA_period=32, Stochastic_period=30)
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minute, 30-Minute, 1-Hour, 4-Hour, 1-Day
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any
Currency Pairs: Any pair
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Initiate a buy entry if the following indicator or chart pattern gets put on display:
- If the lime line of the 36 EMA indicator intersects the deep sky blue line of the Kijun-sen+ custom indicator in a bottom up manner with price trading to the upside (see Fig. 1.0), price is said to be taken to the upside i.e. a trigger to go bullish on the selected forex pair.
- If the dodger blue dotted dim gray line of the Robby DSS Forex custom indicator gets put on display within its window as shown on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be driven higher, and as such a buy will suffice.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss 1-3 pips below trading support.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit if the following rules or conditions takes precedence:
- If the lime line of the 36 EMA indicator cuts across the deep sky blue line of the Kijun-sen+ custom indicator to stay on top, price is said to be making a possible bearish reversal, hence an exit or take profit will suffice.
- If the Robby DSS Forex custom indicator displays a red dot on its dim gray line as depicted on Fig. 1.0, bulls are said to be taking a hit in the market, hence an exit is take profit is advised.
Sell Entry Rules
Enter a sell order if the following holds sway:
- If the lime line of the 36 EMA indicator intersects the deep sky blue line of the Kijun-sen+ custom indicator in a top downward fashion with price trading below (refer to Fig. 1.1), the overall market sentiment is said to be bearish i.e. a trigger to go short on the desired currency pair.
- If the red dotted dim gray line of the Robby DSS Forex custom indicator gets put on display within its window as exemplified on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be pushed lower, and as such a sell will do.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss 1-3 pips above trading resistance.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes to the fore:
- If the lime line of the 36 EMA indicator cuts through the deep sky blue line of the Kijun-sen+ custom indicator to stay below, price is said to be making a probable bullish reversal, hence a trigger to exit or take profit at once.
- If the Robby DSS Forex custom indicator displays a dodger blue dot on its dim gray line as illustrated on Fig. 1.1, bear power is said to be weaning, hence an exit is take profit is recommende.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The Kijun-sen+ custom indicator is a significant member of the the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator family and can be used to measure medium-term momentum.
The 36 EMA is an exponential moving average that has its period set at 36 and reduces the lag by adding more weight to recent price.
The Robby DSS Forex is an oscillator indicator that blends the stochastics and the exponential moving average to form oversold (below 20) and overbought (above 80) zones within its indicator window.