Most professional forex traders have some of the blankest trading screens.
You’ll expect to see their trading screens littered with some of the most advanced technical indicators, but you’ll be disappointed to find the opposite of this.
The Chanel MACD Scalper forex trading strategy is designed to be simple, yet effective in spotting market trends.
All you need do is add the indicators onto your trading chart and watch the magic unfold – well, let’s rather say the profits unfold.
The strategy is comprised of the MACD MT4 indicator (that helps us measure momentum, while following trend) and the chanel scalper custom indicator, a tool that can define support or resistance levels, while also spotting price exhaustion.
MetaTrader4 Indicators: chanel scalper.ex4 (Default Setting), MACD.ex4 (Default Setting)
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minute, 30-Minute, 1-Hour, 4-Hour, 1-Day
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any
Currency Pairs: Any pair
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Initiate a buy entry if the following indicator or chart pattern gets displayed:
- If the orange line of the chanel scalper custom indicator gets placed slightly below the candlesticks as seen on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be driven higher i.e. a signal to buy the selected currency pair.
- If the green histograms of the MACD custom indicator forms above the 0.00 level as shown on Fig. 1.0, the prevalent sentiment is said to be bullish i.e. a trigger to buy the currency pair of focus.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss below rising orange line.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit if the following rules or conditions takes center stage:
- If while a bullish signal is ongoing, the chanel scalper indicator forms yellow line aligned above price bars as depicted on Fig. 1.0, an exit or take profit will suffice.
- If the green histograms of the MACD MT4 indicator readjust to form below the 0.00 level, price is said to be taking a U-turn, as such an exit or take profit will do.
Sell Entry Rules
Enter a sell order if the following holds true:
- If the yellow line of the chanel scalper custom indicator gets placed somewhat above the candlesticks as illustrated on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be taken lower i.e. a signal to sell the designated forex pair.
- If the green histograms of the MACD custom indicator forms below the 0.00 level as seen on Fig. 1.1, the prevailing sentiment is said to be bearish i.e. a trigger to sell the currency pair of interest.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss above falling yellow line.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes center stage:
- If while a sell signal is running, the chanel scalper indicator forms an orange line placed below price bars as shown on Fig. 1.1, it is a signal to exit or take profit at once.
- If the green histograms of the MACD MT4 indicator readjust to form above the 0.00 level, price is said to be making a reversal away from its earlier bearish stance, as such an exit or take profit is recommended.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The chanel scalper is a trend indicator that paints an orange (bullish trigger) line below price bars and a yellow (bearish trend) line above price bars to depict market trend.
The Moving average convergence divergence (MACD) on the other hand is a trend-following momentum indicator that reveals the connection between two moving averages of price.