The Norm Ichimoku forex trading strategy is designed to help you achieve more winning trades than losing trades.
It contains a simplified version of the popular Ichimoku technical indicator which is very easy to understand for beginners.
Let’s get started below:
MetaTrader 4 Indicators: Gioteen-Norm.ex4 (Default Setting), Ichimoku.ex4 (Default Setting)
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minute, 30-Minute, 1-Hour, 4-Hour, 1-Day
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any
Currency Pairs: Any pair
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Initiate a buy entry if the following indicator or chart setup gets put on display:
- If the blue line of the Ichimoku custom MT4 indicator intersects its red line in a bottom up manner (refer to Fig. 1.0), price is said to be taken higher, hence a signal to buy the stipulated forex pair.
- If the red line of the Gioteen-Norm.ex4 custom indicator break and hovers above the 0.00 level as seen on Fig. 1.0, the sentiment in the market is said to be bullish, as such a buy order will suffice.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss 1-3 pips below medium-term support level.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit if the following rules or conditions takes precedence:
- If the blue line of the Ichimoku custom MT4 indicator intersects its red during a bullish trend, it is a signal of weaning bulls power i.e. an exit or take profit is advised.
- If the red line of the Gioteen-Norm.ex4 custom indicator declines, breaking below the 0.00 level, it is a trigger to exit or take profit accordingly.
Sell Entry Rules
Enter a sell order if the following holds sway:
- If the blue line of the Ichimoku custom MT4 indicator crosses its red line in a top downward fashion as seen on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be pushed lower, hence a signal to sell the desired currency pair.
- If the red line of the Gioteen-Norm.ex4 custom indicator break and stays below the 0.00 level as depicted on Fig. 1.1, the prevalent market condition is said to be bearish, hence a sell order is desirable.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss 1-3 pips above medium-term resistance level.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes center stage:
- If the blue line of the Ichimoku custom MT4 indicator intersects its red during a bearish trend as illustrated on Fig. 1.1, it is a signal of halting bears power i.e. an exit or take profit is recommended.
- If the red line of the Gioteen-Norm.ex4 custom indicator surges, breaking above the 0.00 level, it is a trigger to exit or take profit forthwith.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The Gioteen-Norm.ex4 custom indicator can be used to spot divergence in the market as well as trend, using its indicator line in reference to the 0.00 signal level.
It is a buy signal when its line hovers above the 0.00 signal level and a sell signal when it does the opposite.
Ichimoku.ex4 is a technical or chart indicator that is also a trend trading system.
The creator of the indicator, Goichi Hosada, introduced Ichimoku as a “one glance” indicator.
In a few seconds you are able to decide whether a tradable trend is present or if you should wait for a better set-up on a specific pair.